Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tin Foil Paint Tray Clean-up

   
Sometimes just thinking about doing a painting project can make you tired, especially when you have a toddler to look after while cleaning up. This idea really came out of necessity.  I needed something that was going to help me clean up his easel after we used it. 

Materials:
  • Aluminun foil
  • Paint
  • Paint brush
  • Messy child
   Although it isn't necessary for me to get the easel completely clean after each use, the big blobs that would stick to the easel paint cups after only 10 minutes really bothered me.  I needed something that was going to buy me some time so I could get my little man cleaned up before I had fingerprints all over my walls and before the paint would stick to the easel...what.a.pain.  Then it came to me----Tin foil!!!!  Why hadn't I thought of this before? I use tin foil when I am painting (it is easier to mix colors on, more so than plastic) so I felt really dumb when I finally started using this technique with Eli.
  All you do is line the easel paint cups with tin foil! Shape the tin foil the best you can to fit inside whatever you will put the paint in then when you are done you just ball it up and throw it away! Genius if I do say so myself.  Especially when I am busy with +Blossoming Buttons Custom Stationery and Art!
   Most parents who avoid painting projects are mostly worried about the mess and the clean up. You can't control the mess, you have a kid, but you can make the clean-up a little bit easier! Got any other tips I haven't thought of yet? Please comment and share them! Use this technique for any other painting project, see us use it in the packing peanut project! Happy painting, everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment