Thursday, May 16, 2013

Elephant Inspiration

   It's funny how you often get inspired by the weirdest things. A memory, a smell, something that brings you back to a blissful childhood memory.... I recently got a custom order for some elephant prints and was inspired to create an entire line of elephant stationery, printables & canvas art.  There is something about a cute little elephant that reminds me of the old Disney movies, you know, the ones where the characters are not exactly life like and they do not require you to wear glasses to watch them?  Here is the print that inspired it all :)




   Then, I thought, this would make realllllly cute stationery. Insert daydream of planning a future daughters birthday with elephant cupcakes, and balloons, and crafts. So....I took it slow and made these invitations to start:




  I really love working with different patterns recently. I love the way you can change one background and suddenly the entire look or theme is altered. Love the versatility, the ease, of just clicking a button and giving it a new custom look :) Here is a print available in my Etsy shop that demonstates this...the only difference between this print and the first one is the background. Crazy, huh?



Next, I changed the backgrounds, and the wording around and came up with some cute prints that you can group together as a print it yourself grouping. I always try to think about how each art piece would look in my home....I love seeing song lyrics hanging in a nursery so I thought this was pretty appropriate :)




Lastly, I couldn't forget the elephant cupcakes.  I love making cupcakes for any party so I knew a custom party needed elephant cupcake toppers :)  I put together this design that also include labels that can be used for a candy buffet or the elephant themed party favors!




This just goes to show you-anything can be changed or altered! That's part of what I love so much about my job-the ability to make each individual customer happy. I love custom orders! Don't forget to check out the elephant canvas art!

No comments:

Post a Comment